Vault of Thoughts

2006-07-05

Please visit my new blog at vaultofthoughts.net

GetWebResourceUrl method catch

After a lot of time spent on working with the Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl method made it work and it was good. I had my ImageCheckBox control which worked well using this method. The problem occured when I have inherited from the control in another project. It stopped to properly reference the javascript from the resource url. After short investigation I have found the that the problem was caused by the call Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(GetType(), ...); The GetType method of course returns a different type when called inside the inherited control and so, the web resource url was incorrect. A quick change to typeof(ImageCheckBox) fixed the issue.


So basically it is worth to take a minute and think when to use the GetType and when to use the typeof.

If you liked this article why not support its author by making a donation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home