Vault of Thoughts

2006-06-01

Please visit my new blog at vaultofthoughts.net

Generic sort utility

I have blogged about a working alternative to the ObjectDataSource control. One of the feature provided by my solution is the InternalSort mechanism. I will provide a short description here of how it works. The source code is packed together with my data source control (here and here).


The SortUtility provides a generic capability to sort any collection of custom objects. It does so without changing the original collection. Internally it uses reflection to get the values of compared properties so in performance critical operations this utility should not be used. Otherwise it greatly simplifies development. Feel free to use it as you like and remember that feedback is always welcome.

If you liked this article why not support its author by making a donation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home