Vault of Thoughts

2006-07-14

Please visit my new blog at vaultofthoughts.net

FireFox memory consumption

While working on one of the web projects in asp.net that was targeted for FireFox browser only I have found an interesting thing. Take a look at the memory consumption of a FireFox process:



Now, I wasn't doing anything unusual. Just testing how the site looks like in the browser. And I have only used 1 tab and only for this one application. Also the memory consumption got as high as 300mb in few hours. On my machine (1gb ram) FF stopped working around 500mb. So I think that is just one proof for all you FireFox lovers, that not only IE has problems :-P.


BTW: I have sat with one of the FireFox lovers from my company and tuned some caching options but it didn't help :-(.

If you liked this article why not support its author by making a donation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home